Here at Supportability, we understand how the coronavirus has completely turned our worlds upside down. We’re stuck at home trying to work, home school the kids, cut off from loved ones for the foreseeable future.
So we thought we’d introduce the ‘Supportability Lock-down Challenge’ where you can complete a virtual challenge of your choosing from your home. Some of you may have been training for a marathon which has been cancelled or postponed or you may just need a fun way to keep fit at home.
Here are some ideas of what you could do:
- Complete a 5k, 10k, half marathon or marathon in your garden
- Climb the height of Mount Snowdon going up and down your stairs
- Cycle from Lands’ End to John o’ Groats indoors (on a home trainer or exercise bike)
- Complete a ‘Tough Mudder’ style obstacle course in your garden
It doesn’t even need to be something sporty. You could:
- Host an online quiz night
- Host an online Zumba-thon
- Have a sponsored silence
All we ask is that you make a minimum donation of £10 to us to enter as well as fundraising for us. Like many charities, we’ve been hit hard by the coronavirus. Our planned fundraising activities and events have been cancelled and our services have been greatly impacted affecting around 300 of our Service Users. We urgently need to raise funds so we can continue to support vulnerable children and adults with complex physical and learning disabilities and ensure we have sustainable services beyond COVID-19.
To find out more or to enter, please contact email@example.com