Supported Living Co-ordinator
Do you want to make far-reaching improvements to the life of a young woman?
Have you got experience of managing a support team?
Do you want your workdays to look different and have variety?
YES! – Then this is the job for you!
Supportability is a sector leading charity that provides excellent quality, person centred individual, and group based services for Children, Young People and Adults, where we believe people who have disabilities are equally valued and empowered to live full and rewarding lives.
We are looking to appoint a Co-ordinator for 35 hours per week to join and lead the team at our Supported Living Scheme in Poynton to provide support to one of our clients: –
“I am a young woman living in my own home in Poynton, East Cheshire. I have both physical and learning disabilities and I lead an active and rewarding life. I have a team of caring, self-motivated and imaginative Personal Assistants who support me with my sensory awareness and experience, communication and socialising and all other aspects of daily living. I love interacting with people, swimming, sailing, dancing, classical music, drama and going out. I now need someone who can lead the team of people around me to make sure I’m able to do all the things I love to do and to make sure I’m kept safe and well so I can enjoy my life”.
We are looking for someone who has;
- the skills and knowledge of what it means to provide person centred support to disabled people.
- a positive attitude and a commitment to improving disabled people’s lives.
- experience of leading a team of staff and what this means in terms of managing rotas, supporting staff, staff development and of course making sure the support being delivered is of an excellent quality.
- confidence, imagination, flexibility and commitment to deliver an active lifestyle and activities for people with special needs.
- a full UK driving licence and willing and able to drive a (manual) Motability vehicle.
- a reasonable level of fitness and confidence in and around water to support physical activities.
Your working week will be a mixture of dedicated management hours (10 hours per week) as well as providing direct support that is flexible to meet our client’s varied needs. This will require you to work on a rota basis including evenings, weekends, and bank holidays and occasional sleep-in duties may be required.
A copy of the job description is available by clicking here or to discuss the role in more detail, please contact Jackie Brown, current Coordinator, on 07929 825026.
All posts are subject to an enhanced DBS check and satisfactory references. Due to the personal nature of the duties and in the interests of privacy and dignity, this post is restricted to female applicants only (as allowed by Schedule 9, Part 1 of the Equality Act 2010).
All posts are subject to an enhanced DBS check and satisfactory references. Please also note that from the 11th November 2021, it will be a requirement that anyone working in a CQC registered care home in England for residents requiring nursing or personal care to have received 2 doses of a Covid-19 vaccine unless they have a medical exemption.