Fast Response Support Worker (Community Services)
At Supportability we provide opportunities and support for disabled adults and children to enable them to lead the life they want. We focus on valuing people, teamwork, being competent and responsive and these values underpin everything we do to make life better for the people we support.
Our Fast Response Support Workers work as part of a small team to support service users on a regular basis and also provide a ‘fast response’ service to meet the needs of various service users by responding to changes at short notice. You will receive a two week rolling rota to enable you to plan in advance for your commitments outside work, presently this is Week 1 Monday to Friday, Week 2 Tuesday – Saturday. In addition to this we would anticipate that you will have some office based hours to complete tasks such as updating of support plans, carrying out direct observations and working alongside new/less experienced staff. We are looking for dynamic individuals who would enjoy a mixture of regular weekly work combined with a variety of fast response work, and office based work. Our service users will rely on our support to be able to carry out their daily tasks and also feel valued members of their local community.
Do you have what we are looking for?
- 1 years’ experience working in Health and Social Care
- The skills and ability to provide person centred support to disabled people
- A positive attitude and a commitment to improving the lives of people with disabilities
- A full UK driving licence and access to own vehicle which can be insured for business use
- The confidence and imagination to devise and deliver appropriate activities for people with learning and/or physical disabilities
If you don’t have the above but believe you may be the right person for the role, please contact us and we’d be happy to discuss.
In return you can expect the following from us:
- Double pay for bank holidays
- 30 days holiday rising to 40 days with service (inclusive of bank holidays and pro rata for part time staff, payment processed quarterly based on hours worked)
- Induction and training programme
- Occupational Sick Pay
- Healthcare Cash Plan
- Opportunities for progression and development via relevant qualifications plus more
All posts are subject to an enhanced DBS check and satisfactory references.
A copy of the job description is available here Fast Response Support Worker JD (Nov 2019)
If you are interested in applying for this position, apply below or to speak to someone in person, please contact the HR department on 07929 825087 or 07929 825037