Supportability is a sector leading charity that provides high quality, person centred individual and group-based services for Children, Young People and Adults, where we believe people who have disabilities are equally valued and empowered to live full and rewarding lives.
You will be managing support for adults, young people and children to access the community to take part in person centred activities and also supporting individuals within their own home to live independently. The needs of these individuals is varied and ranges from; Autism, physical disabilities and learning disabilities with associated mental health difficulties in some cases.
As a Locality Manager you will report to the Lead Locality Manager and will be responsible for ensuring that services within your locality reflect the requests of disabled individuals. This includes ensuring that your locality is fully resourced in terms of staff, that services are being delivered in line with agreed person-centred support plans and that individual outcomes are being achieved. You will work collaboratively with other Locality Managers, to line manage support staff based in your locality and this will include responsibility for recruitment, performance management as well as ensuring that cover for sickness and annual leave is in place.
Do you have what we are looking for?
- A minimum of 2 years’ experience of health and/or social care services working within the field of disabilities
- One years’ experience of managing staff including providing staff supervision and day to day monitoring.
- Must hold or be willing to work towards NVQ 4 in Health and Social Care.
In return you will get:
- A starting holiday allowance equal to 22 days plus bank holidays (increasing to 32 days plus bank holidays with service, pro rata for part time staff)
- Induction and training programme
- Healthcare Cash Plan (qualifying period applies)
- Life Leisure discounted memberships (qualifying period applies)
- Cycle to Work Scheme (qualifying period applies)
- Retail Discounts (qualifying period applies)
This position is subject to an Enhanced DBS disclosure, and two satisfactory references, one of which must be from your current or most recent employer.
A full copy of the job description is available here Locality Manager (April 2021)
If you are interested in applying for this role, please forward your CV to HR@supportability.org.uk or alternatively click below to apply online.
Closing date 10th September 2021 at 5:00pm (please note we may close the vacancy early dependant on the number of applications received).