Recruitment Co-ordinator (Part Time, Fixed Term Contract)
We are looking for a competent Recruitment Co-ordinator for up to 25 hours per week for a six month period subject to review. You will be able to work to a brief but also use your own initiative to focus on recruitment and retention for the organisation, including the development of a recruitment and retention strategy, that enables us to effectively and efficiently recruit into vacant roles in a sector that is under increasing pressure in relation to resources and competition within the wider jobs market. An understanding of the social care sector in terms of the recruitment requirements of appointing staff working in front line delivery posts around DBS checks as well as Care Quality Commission regulations is essential.
- Reviewing and researching adverts and to take the learning and reflect this in the adverts we are using
- Researching the best options for advertising roles doing a cost benefit analysis of these
- Linking with our HR manager and Marketing role re an aggressive social media campaign
- Being the lead for any CVs/application forms received and ensure that these are screened, and the individual contacted the same day of receipt
- Initial screening to be completed as part of this contact and if appropriate a phone interview to be carried out against an agreed set of questions appropriate to the job role applied for
- To lead on employment checks and to focus on achieving these within the shortest period possible
- To research what other providers are doing within social care by liaising with relevant personnel and consider joint initiatives.
- To review current staff benefits payable by the organisation and to do some bench marking as to whether these are above or below the average expectation of potential candidates
- Develop relationships with agencies that could be utilised for short term cover re staffing requirements and negotiate attractive rates for the organisation including temp to perm arrangements
- Consider incentivising options for our prospective jobs for potential candidates and what these incentives could be along with a cost analysis of these.
- To report back to Senior Leadership Team and HR on a weekly basis with KPI’s set to be used as a measure of the role.
- Based on experience and learning gained because of the above actions, to develop a recruitment and retention strategy for the organisation taking into account appointments at all levels and all areas of the business
This is not an exhaustive list but forms the basis of the requirements of the role – it is expected that as more intelligence and learning is gathered that other tasks will emerge that will ultimately form part of the overarching recruitment and retention strategy that must be delivered by this role.
- Experienced recruitment professional
- Previous experience of telephone interviewing
- IT literate – Office 365, Excel, Teams
- An operational and strategic thinker
- Responsive and flexible in approach
- Ability to work to deadlines and KPI targets