Support Workers (Days) – Cheddle Lodge (Cheadle)
At Supportability we provide opportunities and support for disabled adults and children to enable them to lead the life they want. We focus on valuing people, teamwork, being competent and responsive and these values underpin everything we do to make life better for the people we support.
Do you have what we are looking for?
We are looking for Support Workers to join the team at our Residential Service in Cheadle, Cheddle Lodge, which provides support to 13 adults with Cerebral Palsy and associated disabilities.
We are looking for people who can demonstrate compassion and empathy in their approach to supporting people, either through previous roles in social care or personal transferable life experiences.
All we ask is that you have the values and the desire to engage with people to support their needs and enable them to pursue opportunities and interests with dignity and respect.
We are looking for people who –
- Will work to provide an excellent standard of person-centred care in a safe and nurturing environment
- Will support daily routines to provide structure and stability for Residents
- Are committed to supporting our Service Users to receive an excellent standard of care and giving them the opportunity to live a full and active life.
- Have a professional and person-centred approach
- Understand the needs of and a positive attitude towards people with disabilities
- Are willing to work flexibly to cover shifts that will include evenings, weekends and bank holidays.
- Have excellent communication skills, both verbally and written (including basic IT skills).
In return you can expect the following from us:
- Double pay for bank holidays
- 30 days holiday rising to 40 days with service (inclusive of bank holidays and pro rata for part time staff)
- Induction and training programme
- Occupational Sick Pay
- Healthcare Cash Plan
- Opportunities for progression and development via relevant qualifications plus more
All posts are subject to an enhanced DBS check and satisfactory references.
A copy of the job description is available here Support Worker (February 2020)
If you are interested in applying for this role, please apply below or forward your CV to HR@supportability.org.uk