Supported Living Co-ordinator
At Supportability we provide opportunities and support for disabled adults and children to enable them to lead the life they want. We focus on valuing people, teamwork, being competent and responsive and these values underpin everything we do to make life better for the people we support.
We are looking to appoint a Co-ordinator to join and lead the team at our Supported Living Scheme in Poynton which is home to a young woman with physical and learning disabilities. She lives an active and rewarding life supported by a team of Personal Assistants who assist her with her sensory awareness and experiences, communication and socialising and all other aspects of daily living. She loves interacting with people, swimming, sailing, dancing, classical music, drama and going out.
Do you have what we are looking for?
We are looking for someone who can lead this young woman’s team of people to make sure she is able to do all the things she loves to do and make sure she is kept safe. The successful candidate will have –
- the values, skills and knowledge of what it means to provide person centred support to disabled people ensuring dignity and respect.
- a positive attitude and a commitment to improving disabled people’s lives.
- experience of leading a team of staff and what this means in terms of managing rotas, supporting staff, staff development and of course making sure the support being delivered is of an excellent quality.
- confidence, imagination, flexibility and commitment to deliver an active lifestyle and activities for this young woman.
- a full UK driving licence and willing and able to drive a (manual) Motability vehicle.
Your working week will be a mixture of dedicated management hours (10 hours per week) as well as providing direct support that is flexible to meet the needs of the young woman. The role is rota based including evenings, weekends, bank holidays and occasional sleep-in duties may be required.
In return you can expect the following from us:
- Double pay for bank holidays
- 30 days holiday rising to 40 days with service (inclusive of bank holidays and pro rata for part time staff)
- Induction and training programme
- Occupational Sick Pay
- Healthcare Cash Plan
- Opportunities for progression and development via relevant qualifications plus more
Due to the personal nature of the duties and in the interests of privacy and dignity, this post is restricted to female applicants only (as allowed by Schedule 9, Part 1 of the Equality Act 2010).
This post is subject to an enhanced DBS check and satisfactory references. The Government is in consultation regarding the extension of the Health & Social Care Act 2008 (Regulated Activities) Regulations 2014 (as amended) (the Regulations). It is the Government’s intention that from the 1st April 2022 this will require applicants and individuals working in this role to be fully vaccinated against Covid-19 unless they meet the exemption criteria.
A copy of the job description is available here
To discuss the position in more detail please contact the existing Co-ordinator, Jackie Brown on 07929 825026 or the HR department on 07929 825087 or 07929 825037