Team Leaders (24 – 32 hours)
We are looking to appoint Team Leaders to join the team at our Residential Home in Cheadle. We have 1 x 24 hour position which is 3 shifts per week and 2 x 32 hours positions which are 4 shifts per week. Cheddle Lodge provides support to 13 adults with a range of complex physical and learning disabilities.
We are looking for people to –
- Ensure that the operation and service provided is safe, effective, caring, responsive and well led.
- Ensure the requirements of support plans are met and that standards of care practices are adhered to.
- Ensure that the service is fully compliant with all legislative, statutory and regulatory requirements as well as internal policies, procedures, guidelines and best practice.
- Supervise and monitor the practice of a designated group of staff and ensure we provide the highest standards of service delivery, corporate culture and personal values.
- Make an active contribution to the team working closely with others to ensure the highest standards of care.
- Build and maintain appropriate relationships with residents, carers, colleagues, and other professionals.
- Work flexibly across 7 days a week, including evenings and weekends.
Amongst other things, you will have –
- A Level 3 qualification in Health and Social Care (or be willing to complete)
- 3 years’ experience in health and social care
- Experience in the supervision of a staff team and in leading and co-ordinating support staff.
- Experience in the administration of medication
- An understanding of the legal and regulatory framework for Social Care and of the CQC regulatory / fundamental standards.
- Experience in the development and review of support plans, including behaviour support plans and moving and handling assessments.
- Experience in contributing and participating in the Service User review process.
- An ability to work without direct supervision
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Packages and comfortable working with IT systems.
- Have a professional and person centred approach
- Have an understanding of the needs of and a positive attitude towards people with disabilities
- Have excellent communication skills, both verbally and written (including basic IT skills).
All posts are subject to an enhanced DBS check and satisfactory references.
A full copy of the job description is available here – Team Leader Job Description
If you are interested in applying for this position, please forward your CV to email@example.com or alternatively click below to apply online.