Assistant Manager (Day Services)
Supportability is a sector leading charity that provides high quality, person centred individual and group-based services for Children, Young People and Adults, where we believe people who have disabilities are equally valued and empowered to live full and rewarding lives.
As Assistant Manager, reporting directly to the Day Services Manager, you will have responsibility for managing, developing and deploying a team of Support Workers who will provide activity sessions within a defined building base and a variety of outside leisure group activities for disabled service users aged 18+ with complex needs. This will include planning and delivering a service that supports service users in a wide range of building and leisure group based activities of their choice and that meet their assessed need.
In addition, you will have responsibility for ensuring high standards of support to enable disabled service users to lead a full and active life, including taking a lead on creating a broad range of stimulating and high quality group activities as well as assisting in developing and responding to the changing demands of service users, Government legislation, local authority policies and best practice.
Do you have what we are looking for?
- A minimum of 2 years’ experience of health and/or social care services working within the field of disabilities.
- A minimum of 1 years’ experience of staff management.
- Must hold or be willing to work towards NVQ 4 (or equivalent) in Health and Social Care.
- Experience of using Microsoft 365 would be beneficial
- An understanding and experience of the completion of risk assessments to meet the needs of group and individual service users.
In return you will get:
- A starting holiday allowance equal to 22 days plus bank holidays (increasing to 32 days plus bank holidays with service, pro rata for part time staff)
- Induction and training programme
- Healthcare Cash Plan and Retail Discounts (qualifying period applies)
- Life Leisure discounted memberships (qualifying period applies)
- Cycle to Work Scheme (qualifying period applies)
This position is subject to an Enhanced DBS disclosure, and two satisfactory references, one of which must be from your current or most recent employer.
A copy of the job description is available here – Assistant Manager (Day Services) April 2021
If you are interested in applying for this role, please forward your CV to email@example.com.
Closing date Tuesday 6th July 2021 (please note we may close the vacancy early dependant on the number of applications received).