Bank Support Workers
Supportability is a sector leading charity that provides high quality, person centred individual and group based services for Children, Young People and Adults, where we believe people who have disabilities are equally valued and empowered to live full and rewarding lives.
We are looking to appoint Bank Support Workers to join our team supporting Service Users at our Day Service in Heaton Moor and within our Residential Services in Cheadle and Poynton.
As a Bank Support Worker you will have the flexibility to access shifts that fit in with your lifestyle and our service need. You will either inform us of your availability or we will contact you with the shifts we have available. Shifts available will vary as to early or late shifts, daytime (9am – 4pm), weekends and bank holidays but you are free to accept or decline dependent on your availability.
When on shift you will need to provide practical person centred support, ensure that the Service Users receive an excellent standard of care and assist them to live full and active lives.
We are looking for people who –
- Have a professional approach
- Have an understanding of the needs of people who have disabilities
- Have experience of working in a person centred manner, including the maintenance of support plans and other associated record keeping.
- Are willing to work flexibly to cover shifts that will include evenings, weekends and bank holidays.
- Have excellent written communication and basic IT skills
- Have a full UK driving licence (desirable)
In return you will get –
- Comprehensive induction and training programme
- Healthcare Cash Plan (qualifying period applies)
- Life Leisure discounted memberships (qualifying period applies)
- Cycle to Work Scheme (qualifying period applies)
- Retail Discounts (qualifying period applies)
We welcome applications from disabled people and any disabled person who meets the minimum criteria is guaranteed an interview. All posts are subject to an enhanced DBS check and satisfactory references.
If you are interested in applying for one of these positions, please forward your CV to email@example.com or alternatively visit: www.supportability.org.uk for more information or to download an application pack.