Cook, Cheddle Lodge (Cheadle)
Supportability is a sector leading charity that provides high quality, person centred individual and group based services for Children, Young People and Adults, where we believe people who have disabilities are equally valued and empowered to live full and rewarding lives.
We are looking to appoint a Cook to join the team at our Residential Home in Cheadle. Cheddle Lodge provides support to 13 adults with a range of complex physical and learning disabilities.
As a Cook you will prepare, cook and serve meals to thirteen residents and some staff, ensuring that a balanced and, where necessary, special diet is available. To recognise that high quality food and drink makes an important contribution to the well-being of residents, and the quality of their lives.
We are looking for people who –
- Have an Intermediate Food Hygiene certificate or equivalent
- Experience of domestic and good housekeeping
- Basic budgeting experience relating to food preparation
- Previous experience in catering for special dietary needs
- Previous experience in catering for more than 10 people
- Have a professional approach
- Are willing to work flexibly to cover shifts which will include evenings, weekends and bank holidays.
In return you will get –
- Comprehensive induction and training programme
- Healthcare Cash Plan (qualifying period applies)
- Life Leisure discounted memberships (qualifying period applies)
- Cycle to Work Scheme (qualifying period applies)
- Retail Discounts (qualifying period applies)
This position is subject to a DBS disclosure and two satisfactory references, one of which must be from your current or most recent employer.
If you are interested in applying for this position, please click below to apply or forward your CV to email@example.com.
Closing date: Monday 5th April 2021 (please note we may close the vacancy early dependant on the number of applications received).