Cook, Cheddle Lodge (Cheadle)
Supportability is a sector leading charity that provides high quality, person centred individual and group based services for Children, Young People and Adults, where we believe people who have disabilities are equally valued and empowered to live full and rewarding lives.
We are looking for a Cook to join our well established and professional team of staff supporting up to 13 adults with Cerebral Palsy and associated disabilities at our residential home in Cheadle.
As a Cook you will prepare, cook and serve meals to thirteen residents and some staff, ensuring that a balanced and, where necessary, special diet is available. To recognise that high quality food and drink makes an important contribution to the well-being of residents, and the quality of their lives.
We are looking for people who –
- Have an Intermediate Food Hygiene certificate or equivalent
- Experience of domestic and good housekeeping
- Basic budgeting experience relating to food preparation
- Previous experience in catering for special dietary needs
- Previous experience in catering for more than 10 people
- Have a professional approach
- Are willing to work flexibly to cover shifts which will include evenings, weekends and bank holidays.
In return you will get –
- Comprehensive induction and training programme
- Healthcare Cash Plan (qualifying period applies)
- Life Leisure discounted memberships (qualifying period applies)
- Cycle to Work Scheme (qualifying period applies)
- Retail Discounts (qualifying period applies)
This position is subject to a DBS disclosure and two satisfactory references, one of which must be from your current or most recent employer.
If you would like further information about the position please contact Bill Delaney, Head of Residential Services on 0161 428 5189. If you would like to apply for the position please forward your CV to Bethany.email@example.com.
Closing date: 5th March 2020
Interviews will be held: 12th March 2020