Fast Response Support Worker
Supportability is a sector leading charity that provides high quality, person centred individual and group-based services for Children, Young People and Adults, where we believe people who have disabilities are equally valued and empowered to live full and rewarding lives.
We provide support in the Stockport and Derbyshire areas to adults, young people, and children across community, day service and group based provision over seven days a week. As a Fast Response Support Worker you will play a central role in the lives of our service users: you will be a role model and a positive presence in their lives providing them with person centred support which is focused on their choices.
Our Fast Response Support Workers work as part of a small team to support service users on a regular basis and also provide a ‘fast response’ service to meet the needs of various service users by responding to changes at short notice. You will receive a two week rolling rota to enable you to plan in advance for your commitments outside work. In addition to this we would anticipate that you may have some office based hours to complete tasks such as updating of support plans, carrying out direct observations and working alongside new/less experienced staff. We are looking for dynamic individuals who would enjoy a mixture of regular weekly work combined with a variety of fast response work, and office based work. Our service users will rely on our support to be able to carry out their daily tasks and also feel valued members of their local community.
Do you have what we are looking for?
- 1 years’ experience working in Health and Social Care
- The skills and ability to provide person centred support to disabled people
- A positive attitude and a commitment to improving the lives of people with disabilities
- A full UK driving licence and access to own vehicle which can be insured for business use
- The confidence and imagination to devise and deliver appropriate activities for people with learning and/or physical disabilities
If you don’t have the above but believe you may be the right person for the role, please contact us and we’d be happy to discuss.
In return you will get:
- A starting holiday allowance equal to 22 days plus bank holidays (increasing to 32 days plus bank holidays with service, pro rata for part time staff)
- Induction and training programme
- Travel time payments
- Mileage paid at 40p per mile
- Healthcare Cash Plan (qualifying period applies)
- Life Leisure discounted memberships (qualifying period applies)
- Cycle to Work Scheme (qualifying period applies)
- Retail Discounts (qualifying period applies)
This position is subject to an Enhanced DBS disclosure, and two satisfactory references, one of which must be from your current or most recent employer. Please be aware that this role will involve working shifts across the week, including some evenings and weekends.
If you are interested in applying for this position, please click apply below to upload your CV or forward your CV to email@example.com