Fast Response Support Workers
Fast Response Support Workers (37 hours)
£9.54 per hour
Supportability is a sector leading charity that provides high quality, person centred individual and group-based services for Children, Young People and Adults, where we believe people who have disabilities are equally valued and empowered to live full and rewarding lives.
We are looking for Fast Response Support Workers who are committed to making a positive difference in our service users’ lives. We provide support in the Stockport and Derbyshire areas to adults, young people, and children across community, day service and group based provision over seven days a week. Our support workers provide a person centred support which is focused on the service user’s choices. As a support worker you will play a central role in the lives of our service users: you will be a role model and a positive presence in their lives.
Our Fast Response Support Workers work as part of a small team to support a number of service users on a regular basis and also provide a ‘fast response’ service to meet the needs of service users by responding to changes at short notice. You will receive a two week rolling rota to enable you to plan in advance for your commitments outside work. In addition to this we would anticipate that you will have some office based hours to complete tasks such as updating of support plans, carrying out direct observations and working alongside new/less experienced staff. We are looking for dynamic individuals who would enjoy a mixture of regular weekly work combined with a variety of fast response work, and office based work. Our service users will rely on our support to be able to carry out their daily tasks and also feel valued members of their local community.
Do you have what we are looking for?
- 3 years’ experience working in Health and Social Care. Plus 1 years’ experience of supervising sessions/activities, plus:
- the skills and ability to provide person centred support to disabled people;
- a positive attitude and a commitment to improving disabled people’s lives;
- a full UK driving licence and access to own vehicle which can be insured for business use;
- the confidence and imagination to devise and deliver appropriate activities for people with learning and/or physical disabilities.
In return we offer:
- A competitive salary
- A starting holiday allowance of 22 days plus bank holidays (increasing to 32 plus bank holidays with service) (pro rata for part time staff).
- Travel time payments
- Mileage paid at 40p per mile
- Discounted Life Leisure memberships
- Health Care Cash Plan
- Retail discounts
This position is subject to an Enhanced DBS disclosure, and two satisfactory references, one of which must be from your current or most recent employer. Please be aware that this role will involve working shifts across the week, including some evening and weekend work.
Further information about the position can be found at www.supportability.org.uk or alternatively, if you would like to discuss the position in more detail, please contact us on 0161 432 1248 and ask to speak to a Locality Manager.