Personal Assistant (Care)
Supportability is a sector leading charity that provides high quality, person centred individual and group based services for Children, Young People and Adults, where we believe people who have disabilities are equally valued and empowered to live full and rewarding lives.
We are looking to appoint a Nights Personal Assistant for 20 hours per week to join the team at our Supported Living Scheme in Poynton to provide support to one of our service-users: –
“I am a young woman living in my own home in Poynton, East Cheshire. I have both physical and learning disabilities and I lead an active and rewarding life. I need kind, caring, self-motivated and imaginative individuals to support me with sensory awareness and experience, communication and socialising and all other aspects of daily living. I love interacting with people, swimming, dancing, classical music, drama and going out.
I am looking for people who have:
- the skills and ability to provide person centred support to disabled people;
- a positive attitude and a commitment to improving disabled people’s lives;
- a full UK driving licence and willing and able to drive a (manual) Motability vehicle;
- the confidence and imagination to devise and deliver appropriate activities for people with special needs;
- a reasonable level of fitness to support physical activities (see Job Description).
You will be required to cover work on a rota basis that will include evenings, weekends and bank holidays. Additional hours will usually be available to cover staff absences such as holidays and sickness.
To apply please forward your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or alternatively visit www.supportability.org.uk for more information or to download an application pack.
Closing date 2nd October 2020 (please note we may close the vacancy early dependant on the number of applications received).
All posts are subject to an enhanced DBS check and satisfactory references. Due to the personal nature of the duties and in the interests of privacy and dignity, this post is restricted to female applicants only (as allowed by Schedule 9, Part 1 of the Equality Act 2010).