Support Workers – Day Services
We are looking for Support Workers to join our Day Service team in Stockport to provide activity sessions within a defined building base and a variety of outside leisure group activities for disabled service users aged 18+ with complex needs. Taking a person-centred approach; you will support people to engage in leisure, pleasure and educational interests to meet their requests and specified outcomes.
The hours are 35 per week working Monday – Friday 9am – 4pm, there may be the occasional requirement to work weekends however this would be discussed and agreed in advance.
Do you have what we are looking for?
- An understanding of the needs of people who have disabilities
- Experience of working in a person centred manner including the maintenance of support plans and other associated record keeping.
- An Level 2 qualification or equivalent and 2 years’ experience of working in Health and Social Care is desirable but not essential as full training will be given.
In return we offer:
- A competitive salary
- A “sign on” bonus of £100 paid on successful completion of the probationary period.
- Discounted Life Leisure memberships
- Health Care Cash Plan
- Retail discounts
- Cycle to Work Scheme
We welcome applications from disabled people and any disabled person who meets the minimum criteria is guaranteed an interview. All posts are subject to an enhanced DBS check and satisfactory references.
If you are interested in applying for one of these positions, please call the HR Department on 0161 432 1248 ext #303 or alternatively email your CV to email@example.com.