Our story started in the 1950’s, when a group of parents of children with Cerebral Palsy living in Stockport were struck by the lack of specialist support available for their children.
Determined to change this, they collectively set about fundraising. Initially they managed to raise £90 towards a therapist and some specialist equipment, providing much needed physiotherapy services.
As part of our 70th birthday celebrations we are asking individuals, businesses and community groups to get behind our #70yearsofsupport fundraising initiative.
We don’t want to limit your fundraising ideas we want to support them..so get creative either on your own or with a group of friends, family or colleagues.
If you already have a great idea please do get in touch with our fundraising team at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 0161 432 1248 but if you are stuck for where to start we have put together a few starter points for inspiration over the page to get you going.
You can find Supportability on JustGiving, just look for the pink smile when creating your page.
- Ask for birthday donations, or donations in lieu of gifts for a wedding anniversary or milestone event. Set yourself a target of £70!
- Does your wardrobe or house feel cluttered? Sell your unwanted items on eBay, Vinted, Depop or Facebook marketplace and donate your profits. If online selling isn’t for you bring your unwanted clothes to our next clear the clutter event. See our events page for dates and what we are able to accept.
- Complete a 10k run, walk or swim for 7 consecutive days and ask for sponsorship.
- Challenge your classmates or colleagues to each raise £70 in 7 days with a challenge of their choice.
- Give up your vice for 70 days and donate what you would have spent.
- Bake 70 cakes and sell them for £1 each.
- Set up a regular donation to Supportability for £7 a month.
- Have a dress down day at work or school every month.
- Ask 7 friends or family to follow the Supportability social media pages and then each of those 7 to nominate 7 more people.
- Recruit 7 friends to Easy Fundraising and choose Supportability as your Charity. Easy Fundraising helps good causes to raises funds for free through online shopping.