|Where||In and around Stockport|
|Expenses||Travel expenses can be reimbursed|
|Phone||0161 432 1248|
Why should you volunteer?
This is a great opportunity to meet people, build experience, learn and share your skills and experiences to help the local community. It is a good opportunity to connect and socialise whilst volunteering.
What will I be doing?
This role is ad hoc but you will be given as much notice as possible before an event.
- You will help raise both funds and awareness for Supportability
- Attend and help in an assigned role at Supportability, In Aid of and Third Party events
- Represent Supportability in your local community
- Be confident talking about Supportability and the services
- Be enthusiastic and willing to be part of a team and willing to take the initiative
- Minimum commitment of a year after training
- Inspiring others to support the work of Supportability
Who are we looking for?
- Able to communicate via email and have access to a computer
- Good verbal and written skills
- Have access to a car (although not essential)
During your application, a DBS (Disclosure Barring Check) may be done depending on your volunteer role. Your volunteer contact will support you with this and a positive disclosure doesn’t necessarily disqualify you from volunteering with is. The DBS is free of charge and will involve filling out an online form and bringing proof of ID.