|Where||Granville House, Heaton Moor|
|Hours/month||1 day per week or fortnight|
|Expenses||Travel expenses can be reimbursed|
|Phone||0161 432 1248|
Why should you volunteer?
This is a great opportunity to meet people, build experience, learn and share your skills and experiences to help the local community. It is a good opportunity to connect and socialise whilst volunteering.
What will I be doing?
- You will assist with general administrative duties such as thanking donors, researching local community groups and businesses for charitable approaches
- Counting donations and ensuring the correct paperwork is completed
- Collecting donations from local businesses and thanking
- Making phone calls and sending emails on behalf of the Fundraising Team
- Be confident talking about Supportability and the services
- Be enthusiastic and willing to be part of a team and willing to take the initiative
- Minimum commitment of a year after training
- Inspiring others to support the work of Supportability
Who are we looking for?
- Able to communicate via email
- Good verbal, telephone and written skills
- Have access to a car (although not essential)
During your application, a DBS (Disclosure Barring Check) may be done depending on your volunteer role. Your volunteer contact will support you with this and a positive disclosure doesn’t necessarily disqualify you from volunteering with is. The DBS is free of charge and will involve filling out an online form and bringing proof of ID.