|Where||Granville House, Heaton Moor|
|Hours/month||5 – 10 hours per month|
|Expenses||Travel expenses can be reimbursed|
|Phone||0161 432 1248|
Why should you volunteer?
This is a great opportunity to meet people, build experience, learn and share your skills and experiences to help the local community. It is a good opportunity to connect and socialise whilst volunteering.
What will I be doing?
- You will lead a group of volunteers in their activities to raise both funds and awareness.
- Encourage all group members to actively participate and recruit new members when needed
- Chair group meetings which include agreeing an agenda with the secretary, ensuring all agenda points are covered, keeping meetings on track and to time, ensuring minutes are taken, delegate tasks, informing the Supportability Fundraising Team of the group’s activities, arranging meeting venues to suit all members.
- You will obtain the correct permission for events and ensure all health & safety paperwork is completed to comply with Supportability insurance
- Minimum commitment of a year after training
- Inspiring others to support the work of Supportability
Who are we looking for?
- Strong organisational and leadership skills
- Confident team leader
During your application, a DBS (Disclosure Barring Check) may be done depending on your volunteer role. Your volunteer contact will support you with this and a positive disclosure doesn’t necessarily disqualify you from volunteering with is. The DBS is free of charge and will involve filling out an online form and bringing proof of ID.