|Where||Granville House, Stockport|
|Hours/month||5 – 10 hours per week|
|Expenses||Travel expenses can be reimbursed|
|Phone||0161 432 1248|
Why should you volunteer?
This is a great opportunity to meet people, build experience, learn and share your skills and experiences to help the local community. It is a good opportunity to connect and socialise whilst volunteering.
What will I be doing?
- You will maintain the groups administration including activity calendar, minutes of meetings, agendas, records of events and an up to date list of group members (compliant with data protection)
- Receive correspondence from the Supportability Fundraising Team and pass this information on to other group members in a timely fashion
- Circulate agendas before meetings, take minutes and circulate post meetings
- Encourage all group members to actively participate and recruit new members when needed
- Ensure that supporters are thanked promptly for any support
- Minimum commitment of a year after training
- Inspiring others to support the work of Supportability
Who are we looking for?
- Strong administration and organisational skills
- Good interpersonal and communication skills
- Able to communicate via email and have access to a computer
During your application, a DBS (Disclosure Barring Check) may be done depending on your volunteer role. Your volunteer contact will support you with this and a positive disclosure doesn’t necessarily disqualify you from volunteering with is. The DBS is free of charge and will involve filling out an online form and bringing proof of ID.